Sunday, May 27, 2007

The Fight on The View

I personally don't watch The View, mostly because it is on during the day and I'm not really that into talkshows, but it caught my eye that Rosie O'Donnell quit "The View" last week after a fight with Elizabeth Hasselback over the war in Iraq. I watched the video, and I have to say, I found it fascinating that these women were so passionate about the war and Bush. I thought they were supposed to talk about celebrities and things that are more trivial. Unfortunately, they were unable to have a conversation, and resorted to yelling at each other and speaking over each other, which doesn't end up being productive. After watching it, I thought Elizabeth seemed very defensive about Bush from the beginning, and Rosie seemed to be just waiting to have her feelings hurt. The shocking thing was how the show exploited their two stars by refusing to go to commercial and instead showing a split screen so you could better see their cat fight. As Rosie said on her blog (www.rosie.com), it was like the show was suddenly reduced to a Jerry Springer show. I'm curious to see what you think about this.

3 comments:

hews said...

I say power to you rosie. Like honestly how many Americans do u meet that go against the grain. They just stick behind bush because thats what they know. Just because Rosie doesnt support georges descision to go to war in the first place... doesnt mean she doesnt support her troops any less.Its refreshing that a celebrity will voice their opinion, even if their career is on the line.

sensgirl1512 said...

GO ROSIE:):P

Captian Awesome said...

I personally love rosie o'donnell i think she is extremely smart and she knows what shes talking about i can't believe that the show would let her go i think every one in america should be hearing a different side of things instead of how wonderful gorge bush is and how everyone in iraq is terrorist