Friday, March 30, 2007

A Must Read - The Time Traveler's Wife


There are few things I love more in this world than a good book. While I don't always have enough time to get into or even find a really great book, when I do, I am so excited I want to share it with EVERYBODY. I decided to write about the latest GREAT book that I have written here, since novels are just as much a part of the media that makes up our culture as our favourite tv shows and magazines are.

This book is called "The Time Traveler's Wife" by Audrey Niffenegger. The novel tells the story of Clare, who meets the love of her life, Henry, when she is six years old. The only problem is that even though Henry is only 8 years older than she is, the version of him that she first meets is 36 as he has time travelled to the past to meet her. She awaits visits from his future self while waiting to meet him in real time. While this sounds confusing ... it is all beautifully and captivatingly told in a way that makes me deny the fact that it is science fiction. It is not science fiction, it is a.. dare I say timeless (?) love story with the kind of heart aching intensity of stories like "The Notebook." (Speaking of the Notebook, I 'IMDB'ed (www.imdb.com) the book to see if it was being developed into a movie, and it is - Rachel McAdams is set to star as the main character.)

I can't recommend this novel enough for anyone who loves a really good love story.

3 comments:

sallyspaghetti said...

Ahhh the time travelers wife was such a good book, i love it.

sensgirl1512 said...

This book sounds really good. I may have to check it out. Thanks for the recommendation.

sweety pie said...

yah I love the notebook. in fact I love anything that is romantic. THats sounds great. maybe someday I will read it.